Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Marley!

Marley turned one yesterday, yes one! Time flew by so fast with her and all of a sudden we have a sassy little girl walking around wanting to do her own thing. For example, today at church Blake was trying to feed her some yogurt and she threw a fit! Not just a little fit, but was sobbing hysterically. Blake brought her to me...I took off all her clothes, went out in the shade and let her go for it. She was covered in yogurt by the time she was done and we had to go in the bathroom for a quick spray down. That is her! She wants to do everything and she wants to do it by herself! She got a wagon for her birthday and she LOVES it! Okay, so I guess Marley's head is big. My brother always said it was, but I never believed him until now. The 1-year old birthday crown I bought is way to small and looks really uncomfortable! Oh well, she probably has a big brain too!
For Marley's birthday, we combined with my sister's swim party, thank you Jana! Marley doesn't really love to swim, but she tolerates it. She would much rather walk around the pool, exploring things. Every once in a while she will decide she wants to get in the pool and she'll get in wherever she wants.

On one of Marley's 'exploring adventures' at the pool, "Poppy" let her play in the drinking fountain, which she loved. She was getting sprayed and squirted, but she thought it was great fun.
The wind blew out Marley's candle, but she didn't care.
Marley wasn't sure what to do with her cake at first. Blake kept saying, "Dig in." She looked at him and then at the cake and then went for it!

Destroyed!

Frosting mustaches! YUMMY!
Present time! Oh, look what Mars got, a 'Feed Yourself' kit. Thanks so much Jana, we really needed that. She also got some way cute clothes, a stroller, some books, money (from Poppy) and a cute piggy. I think my mom got her the piggy because Marley is a piggy. She is constantly eating things off the ground even if it isn't edible. Grandpa Johnson also gave her a bouncing Tigger, which she loves.

Just a few facts about Marley...She weighs about 18 1/2 pounds. She doesn't walk anymore...she runs! While running she sticks her butt out and her head forward (for balance?). She is as SASSY as they come and is super independent. I can't believe the things Marley wants to do! She hasn't made much progress with signing or with new words, but she still says Strat, mom, dad, dog, and kucka. She signs dog and hot really well, but basically she is to busy for all of that. She loves to be outside and she really likes to eat nature (dirt, worms, snail shells, bark, leaves). Maybe she is lacking in some mineral? She sleeps well, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. She also takes a 2 hour nap in the day. She is a fun, fun girl and brightens our days with her little personality. Stratton loves her and always wants to play with her, until she messes something of his up! We love having her around!!!

2 comments:

Shalise said...

So Cute, I hope Marley and Blake had a great Birthday! Your kids are darling, I think I tell you that each time I post a blog:)

The Moody's said...

Your kids are SO cute...I can't handle it....by the way...I saw your blog on someone elses...:) I am new to the blog thing.

Jess