Saturday, June 07, 2008

Guess I'll go eat worms...

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,Guess I'll go eat worms,Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,Oh how they wiggle and squirm.Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,Oh how they wiggle and squirm.

I've been meaning to post this story all week. I was getting ready to leave for a busy day (visiting my old school, to my mom's and swimming) and I was gathering things on the front porch that I needed to bring. I put Marley on the porch to play around while I gathered. She had her binky in her mouth when I put her out there. I brought more stuff out and noticed that the binky was gone. I got the last of my stuff and saw that Marley was sucking on something. I squeezed her cheeks together for a good look and....there in my sweet daughter's mouth was a WORM!!! She was happily sucking on an earthworm...gross! I snatched it out as fast as I could and threw it on the sidewalk. It was sooo nasty!

Marley grubs on anything she can get her hands on! As I was weeding today she decided to put a big handful of dirt in her mouth. She didn't really enjoy it, but I'll have to keep this in mind when I need a Halloween costume: wet dirt makes a realistic-looking beard!
Yummy!

Stratton watched Marley eat the dirt and said, "Mom is dirt good for us?" I said, "Well, it isn't good to eat, but it probably won't hurt us." He then asked if he could try some. I told him to go ahead. He took a small bit of dirt and chewed it up then said, "MMMMmmmm, I like it!" Oh great!
Now, since we are on the subject of nature, Stratton came inside all excited and told me to look at what he had in his hand. He opened in up to about 15 potato bugs! Marley was eating dirt while I was weeding and this is what Stratton was doing...Writing on the sidewalk with chalk and then laying in it, very nice.

This past weekend we got out with Blake's sister's family and went to the zoo!
It was the perfect day - the weather was just right and it was not very crowded. Marley liked looking at the animals as long as Blake kept a brisk pace!
SNACK TIME!
One excellent thing about going with Blake's sister is the snacks! She always has good ones and when we stopped for some snacks the kids did a sweet pose.

And here are their dads!
We tried to get a picture of all the kids on the gorilla, but good ol' Stratton was not on the very top and so he wouldn't look at the camera. Here is later, finally looking, because he is now (of course) on top of the gorilla.
SWIMMING!!!
This is our first swimming experience of the summer and Marley's first ever. She had a great time splashing, but preferred climbing and walking out of the pool.
Look at those cute chunky legs!


2 comments:

Georges said...

Marley and the worm is the funniest story! That will be a fun one to tell her someday.

Tara said...

I am still laughing about the worm!!! Too cute and the dirt pic as well! Miss Marley has the same swimsuit as Baylee! Old Navy does well! Gosh, I miss you guys...hoping for a miracle to visit you or see you somewhere before my kids are in highschool!!! I love the updates on the blog. Miss you guys!