Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bear Lake Reunion

We went to Bear Lake last weekend (yep, I'm a little late..) for a family reunion. It was so fun to see everyone and to watch Stratton play with his new 'friends'/cousins. I only saw Stratton when it was time to eat and sleep. The rest of the time I was chasing Marley who (as you can see) was not in a good mood most of the time. She was very whiney and the first night there she threw up. I don't think she felt good the whole time.
This family reunion has a tradition. Potato sack races. Blake as the athletic trainer prepped Stratton's legs for the big race. Just Joking, I really don't know what Blake is doing here, but it was a cute picture.

And here is the race...Stratton had a tough time, so he decided to bag the 'bag' and run on his own...
After the reunion we spent some time at the lake. Blake helped Strat with the body board and Strat loved it!

This is Marley at the beach after a much needed nap. She never falls asleep in my arms, but Sarah took her and cuddled her and she fell right to sleep. We all had a more enjoyable time at the beach after this nap!

My kids love sand! Marley loves it so much she eats it.


Stratton and Austin had a fun time in the sand too.
Marley wasn't too sure when she saw Stratton's head sticking out of the sand.
A cute story from the trip...
Blake's uncle makes bows made out of tree branches and Stratton saw this happening. He went up to a few of his cousins and said, "Where's uncle?" They looked at him funny because there are about 20 uncles there, great uncles + regular uncles. He said, "The one who makes the bows." They knew who that uncle was and took him to Uncle Lynn. Stratton said, "Hey, hey, will you make me a bow?" He played with that bow the whole time he wasn't at the beach.

1 comments:

Georges said...

Great talks yesterday! I had to check out the new additions to your blog! Love the music.