Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snow Crumbs and Other Funny Stories

Stratton has two cousins that play on the same soccer team. We went to their game the other night and it began hailing. Stratton got super excited and said, "Mom, Look! Crumbs!" "Snowcrumbs!" (He was pointing to the hail.) He opened his mouth and tasted some of those "Snowcrumbs." I asked him what they tasted like and he said, "It tastes like chicken."

Stratton is getting older and doesn't have a nap. We try to keep him awake until 7:30 and then we 'allow' him to go to sleep. 5 pm to 7 pm can be a very trying time for us, either I am cheering Stratton on for staying awake or I am dealing with cries and whines. I had to feed Marley one evening during that horrible window of time and I turned the T.V. on for Stratton. He NEVER falls asleep while watching T.V. (well, almost never). From my view on the couch Stratton was awake, but when I talked to him he ignored me. My brother came into the house and said, "Do you know your son is asleep?" Sure enough he was asleep just like this...

In honor of the oncoming flu season we got Stratton a flu shot. I promised him an ice cream cone after. When it came time for the shot he kicked the snot out of the nurse. Poor nurse, but she did her job and gave the shot. Guess what color ice cream cone he got?

When Marley was born, I decided to get her a portable swing. Stratton was sure I got the swing for him. I told him he could not swing in it, he was so sad, but he obeyed for about three months (not bad!) Then one day he decided it looked like too much fun and gave into his urge.

Don't tell Blake I put the next pictures on here. On Blake's side of the family Stratton is sandwiched between two girls as cousins. Consequently he likes to 'dress up'....(even though he looks like an alien, he is wearing earrings and a necklace.)

Twirling!

Out two little princesses!

And to wrap it up, here are some pictures of Marley.




2 comments:

Elisa said...

I love that he fell asleep like that :)

Erin said...

I can't believe you guys have snow already..that's exciting! I also can't believe what a sense of humor Strat has, he is so funny. (Tastes like chicken, that's too funny.)